POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Apr 2008 15:21:38
Message: <480f8c42$1@news.povray.org>
>> [Indeed, where I work there's a guy who every day has a different
>> brick-thick tome in his hand. Usually with lots of dragons and fairies
>> on the cover. Weird stuff...]
>
> Sounds like my type of stories.... <g>

Heh. I see...

>> My question to you would be: how the hell do you read that fast?
>
> Practice.

Damn. Hot Sales Girl lent me a book at work [not fiction, I might add],
and so far I've been reading it for a couple of months now. And I'm
barely half-way through. And it's quite a small book. Admittedly I'm
only reading it in my lunch break... I guess the real problem is that
the book scares me too much. She assures me it has a happy ending, but
hey...

> Let's see, in the last week and a half, I've reread Daughter of the Empire,
> Servant of the Empire, Mistress of the Empire (by Raymond E Feist and Janny
> Wurts) and 3/4 reread Magician (Raymond E Feist)

OK, very weird thing: All of the books you just meantioned are in my
mum's bookshelf. [Even though nobody in this household has ever read them.]

Gail, you're scaring me...

>> In my experience, librarians tend not to be very happy to see you. But I
>> suppose it could be worth a go...
>
> Strange. All the ones in my local library are friendly and hapy to talk
> about books. Often for too long....

They always look so busy - and so harrassed at being so busy...

>> Mmm, OK. I generally find the only other people in *my* local library
>> are stressed teenagers frantically cramming for their GCSEs... ;-)
>
> That sounds like the last time I visited the university library. It didn't
> help that I was wearing shoes that squeeked on the floor.

Heh. I never really had that problem at university... usually the place
was empty. [Background reading? What's that then?]

I'm talking about the local public library. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/